Evanura – Part Two

ICYMI – Part One

The knuckle-bow turned out to be much more frustrating and time consuming than I imagined.  Getting a good reference image was a nightmare – I ran poor Cassandra around a few different locations, trying to find a spot that was well-lit and with a handy boulder/wall/staircase available to stand her against so that I could force the camera as close as possible.  I ended up with three actually useful images – two that showed the shape and curve, and one fairly clear shot of the depiction of June.

screenshotwin32_2471_final-2

 

Almost a week on, I’ve got the hard part done and the longest part (waiting for layers to cure) is almost over.

imag3261

I tidied up the edge below the spines with some 2mm craft foam, sealed it with two layers of PVA and tried out my can of Plasti-Dip on it… which just seemed to make the entire thing bendier.  I coated the whole thing in a thin layer of resin to give it a bit of stability, then slapped three layers of PVA/water/casting powder over it.

I damp-sanded the blade and sprayed on three coats of Plasti-Kote as a base.  Once it’s done curing, I can make a start with the acrylics.

imag3266

 

Advertisements