Well done to Cecil, who could not be caught out by even my most devious questions and won the Hanged Man poster and set of Inquisition-themed Wicked Grace cards. Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to enter and who shared the quiz far and wide. I had a lot of fun coming up with the questions and reading all the responses.
- During the Blessed Age, dragons were believed to be extinct. What was the Dragon Age intended to be named? (1 point)
The Sun Age.
- What kind of cookies does Sera claim to dislike? (1 point)
Raisin. (I did cave and award half a point to the many, many people who said Pride!)
- What was the married name of Loghain’s late wife and what line of work were her family in? (2 points)
Celia Mac Tir; Cabinet makers.
- Which book contains the quote “Do not fear the dark. The sun and the stars will return to guide you”? (1 point)
The Tome of Koslun.
- Why was Raleigh Samson dismissed from the Templar Order? (1 point)
Meredith Stanton caught him delivering letters between Maddox and his lover.
- Which weapon is crafted from Sad Splinters and what is the name of the related schematic? (2 points)
Mark’s Mangled Mace; Sad Weapon.
- During the Glory Age, this king became a legend to the marshfolk, depicted as wielding a mighty axe against an Orlesian knight. (Forename & Surname – 1 point)
Lord Roux Marchette.
- During the fourth Blight, the Grey Warden Garahel loses a piece of his armour while fighting Andoral at the Battle of Ayesleigh, which can later be obtained by Hawke. What was it and where can it be found? (2 points)
Garahel’s helm; Meredith’s cache in the Hidden Supply Depot, at the end of the quest ‘A Noble Agenda.’
- What was the full title of the novel attributed to Varric but actually written by the dwarven rune-crafter, Worthy? (1 point)
Hard in Hightown 3: The Re-Punchening.
- Felix de Grosboi sells the Warden a golem control rod. What was the incorrect phrase he also provided to reactivate the golem? What was the real activation phrase? (2 points)
“Dulef gar”; “Dulen harn.”
- What are the directions provided by Lirene to find Anders? (1 point)
Look for the lit lantern. If you have need enough, Anders will be within.
- Which former slave was Calpernia close to while in the service of Magister Erasthenes? (1 point)
- Maferath had three sons. What were their names and who was their mother? (4 points)
Isorath, Evrion, Verald; the concubine, Gilivhan was their mother.
- Viscount Perrin Threnhold attempted to expel the Templars from Kirkwall and was later tried and imprisoned by Grand Cleric Elthina. According to the Imperial Calendar, in which year did this rebellion take place? (1 point)
- If the Warden completes the Crime Wave quests in Denerim, Slim Couldry will comment that people have begun talking about the Warden’s crimes, using a particular alias. What is this name? (1 point)
The Dark Wolf.
- Varric tells multiple stories about his crossbow’s origins. In conversation with Hawke, to whom does he originally credit Bianca’s creation? (1 point)
- This Alamarri chieftain is credited with founding the Avvar. What was her name once she received her legend-mark and how was this mistranslated? (2 points)
She was a mage who used a fire staff – the word ‘axe’ was mistranslated from the word for ‘weapon.’
- What is Sebastian given by Professor Cedric Marquette as a birthday gift? (1 point)
A blue crystal skull.
- According to Oghren, what are schleets? (1 point)
Pants that lie on the ground until you turn around. Then they strike, eat your eyeballs and wander off on their unnatural pant-legs.
- If Vivienne is recruited but does not become Divine Victoria, what title does she eventually gain? (1 point)
- How do the Dalish refer to the large wolf statues that can be found in the Dales and what do they represent? (2 points)
The Knight’s Guardians, representing the unbreakable bond between the Emerald Knights and their companion wolves.
- What does the name “Mythallen” mean and what was Mythallen’s original name? (2 points)
Child of vengeance; Harralan.
- In the Gauntlet, the Warden encounters a spirit that appears to be Shartan. What is the riddle he gives and its correct answer? (2 points)
“I’d neither a guest nor a trespasser be. In this place I belong, that belongs also to me.”
- Tallis was demoted for causing a diplomatic incident while failing to steal a Qunari artifact from Count Alphonse Valmont. What role was she given (in Qunlat) and what does the title mean? (2 points)
- Under which name was Kirkwall originally founded? (1 point – extra point for the year!)
Emerius; -620 Ancient (575 TE)